Terms and Conditions of Sale
The following conditions apply also to future business with the buyer, even if not expressly referred to it. Different purchasing conditions of the buyer obligate A-dec Dental UK Ltd. only, if expressly recognized. Should individual regulations be or become ineffective, then the remaining conditions will not be affected.
In these Terms and Conditions of Business the following meanings shall apply:
The Company shall mean A-dec Dental UK Limited of Austin House, 11 Liberty Way, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV11 6RZ, United Kingdom.
The Customer shall mean any person or persons, firm or company who buys or agrees to buy goods from the Company.
The Website shall mean this parent web site and its subsequent child site pages with the domains of www.dentalmodels.co.uk and www.dentalmodel.co.uk. and does not include any other A-dec related websites.
The Manufacturer shall mean Frasaco GmbH of D-88061 Tettnang Germany.
- Conditions Applicable
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to and govern all contracts for the sale of goods entered into by the Company where goods are dispatched by the Company to the Customer by mail order or other methods of delivery, and the Customer acknowledges and accepts all such terms and conditions by placing an order for goods. All conditions of the Customer or other terms and conditions or warranties whatsoever whether communicated before or after these Terms and Conditions are excluded from the contract or any variation thereof unless expressly accepted by the Company in writing, and the Customer's own conditions shall not be regarded as a counter offer.
- The Company reserves the right to check the credit worthiness of the Customer by use of external credit reference agencies.
- The exercise by the Company of any right pursuant to these Terms and Conditions shall be without prejudice to any other right available to it whether hereunder or under general law.
- Only the products included for sale on this website are governed by these terms and conditions of sale. We list availability information for products sold by us on the website, including on each product information page. Beyond what we say on that page or otherwise on the website, we cannot be more specific about availability. Please note that dispatch estimates are just that. They are not guaranteed dispatch times and should not be relied upon as such. For details of all other A-dec products and service terms and conditions contact your equipment sales representative or refer to www.a-dec.com
- Only the Company’s electronic order confirmation will be binding. All order modifications are subject to amendments in writing and will only be binding when accepted in writing from the Company.
- Packing & Shipping
- The Company will choose packing, means and routing of transport to its best ability. Packing will be invoiced at cost and is non refundable.
- Transport insurance will be charged to the Customer’s account and will be arranged by the Company. In case of damage during transport, a corresponding damage report must be issued by the handling post office or forwarding agent and sent immediately to the Company.
- Delivery dates and times specified by the Company are approximate only. Unless expressly agreed by the Company in writing, time for delivery is not and shall not be deemed to be of the essence. The Customer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
- If goods are sold and delivered to the Customer in instalments each delivery shall constitute a separate contract, and failure by the Company to deliver any one or more of the instalments or any claim by the Customer in respect of any one or more instalments shall not entitle the Customer to treat the contract as a whole as repudiated.
- In case of force majeure the Company is entitled to postpone deliveries for the duration of the impediment and a reasonable start-up allowance or to withdraw partially or totally from the execution of the order. Strike, lockout and unpredictable circumstances, e.g. plant break-downs, which prevent the Company, despite the exercise of all reasonable efforts from delivery on time, are equivalent to force majeure, subject to be proven by the Company. This shall also apply to impediments occurring during already delayed deliveries or to subcontractor’s supplies. The Customer may ask the Company to declare within two weeks to withdraw from the execution of the order or to deliver within a reasonable additional term. The Customer may withdraw from the unfulfilled part of the order if the Company fails to declare its position. The Company shall make every reasonable practicable effort to inform the purchaser immediately in case of force majeure to minimize damages to the purchaser.
- When ordering goods from the Company for delivery overseas you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, please note that when you order goods from the Company, you are considered the importer of the goods and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods. Your privacy is important to us and you should therefore be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
- The Company is authorised to see these goods within the UK and Ireland only. Orders can only be despatched to addresses in the UK and Ireland, howver orders can be taken from customers with addresses outside of the UK and Ireland.
- Cancelling Orders/Returned Goods
- Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
The quality of the delivered goods is important to us; please therefore check the parcel immediately upon receipt. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact the customer services department or e-mail on CustomerService@a-dec.co.uk within 7 working days of receipt and they will authorise your return. When preparing your return please ensure that the product is in a condition suitable for re-sale and inclusive of all original packaging. Goods must be accompanied by a proof of purchase and a Return Authorisation Number. The Return Authorisation Number will ensure that your return is handled quickly and accurately. Please note items shipped directly back to our warehouse without pre-authorisation may be refused and no credit issued. Please ensure that goods are adequately packaged and labelled to prevent damage in transit.
- Goods Wrongly Ordered or Not Required
We realise that from time to time you may order in error and as your preferred supplier of dental model products and supplies we will assist you to correct the situation to a reasonably practicable level. We ask that you report any errors to our customer service department within 7 days of receiving your order. After receiving a Return Authorisation Number we ask that the product be promptly returned in saleable condition. Credit will be applied as noted below:
- A Re-Stocking Charge of 15% may be applied at the company’s discretion and any cost of the return of the goods to the Company will be payable by the Customer.
- No Refund of any handling or delivery charges applied to the goods will be given.
- We will be unable to accept the return of non-stocked catalogue ordered items ordered specifically for the Customer, [expired product, product that cannot be returned to the manufacturer (please call customer service for assistance in identifying such items)].
- We will only accept returns for items sold from the website that have been dispatched from the company within the last 30 days.
- In addition to our 30-days returns policies, customers in the European Union are entitled to a statutory cooling-off period of seven business days. If you decide that you do not want the item within this period please contact our Customer Service Representatives on +44 (0)24 7635 0901 to confirm that you will be returning the goods to us and to obtain a Return Authorisation Number.
- Please package the relevant item securely and send it to us within 30 days following the date that the item was delivered to you. You must enclose your details, the delivery slip and the Return Authorisation Number with the package to ensure that we can credit your account.
- Please note that we cannot accept returns if you deliver them to us by hand.
- For your protection, we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service.
- Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the items to us unless we delivered the item to you in error, or if the item is damaged or defective. If we do not receive the item back from you with the delivery slip, we may arrange for collection of the item from your residence at your cost.
- Damaged Goods/Short Delivery on Supply from A-dec Dental UK Limited
Upon notification we will immediately despatch a replacement product and authorise the return of the damaged goods. Upon receipt of the goods by the Company, full credit in the value of the goods subject to any handling or delivery charges will be issued.
- Product Recalls and Products Returned Under Complaint
If Frasaco GmbH, the dental model manufacturer instigates a product recall, the Company will administer the Recall Procedures as determined by the manufacturer.
Products returned under complaint will be sent to the Manufacturer/Distributor for evaluation and report and the details notified to the Customer.
This Returns Policy Does Not Affect Your Statutory Rights.
- WEEE Compliance Agreement
As a distributor of EEE the Company must facilitate the take-back of household WEEE from UK consumers and has decided to fulfil its obligations in this area by joining the Government approved "Distributor Take-Back scheme" (DTS) set up by Valpak. By joining the Valpak scheme the Company is contributing to the establishment of a network of Designated Collection Facilities (DCF) where consumers may dispose of their WEEE free of charge for recycling and treatment in an ecologically sound manner. In this way the Company can ensure that WEEE is disposed of by customers in a way that optimizes its re-use and recycling. The recycling and treatment of WEEE itself is part of the producer's obligation under the WEEE Directive. The Company can arrange collection and disposal of the Customers WEEE under the DTS scheme. There is a charge for this service and the Customer should ring our Customer Service Representatives on +44 (0)24 7635 0901 to discuss these charges and service conditions.
In consideration of the above, the Customer has read and acknowledges its obligation to recycle used dental equipment. Should the Company retain any attorney or collection agency for the purpose of collecting monies owed by the Customer to the Company for recycling services sold hereunder, the Customer shall pay the Company costs of collection, including attorney’s fees, whether or not a lawsuit is filed to collect the debt. The Customer acknowledges acceptance of these terms and conditions for appropriate recycling of used dental equipment with Valpak Limited or another licensed collection and recycling service.
- Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
- Repair and Service
All items sold on this website are covered by the Manufacturer's warranty. Outside of the warranty, A-dec Dental UK Ltd. will be happy to provide a quote for repairs when possible.
- The Price and Payment
- All prices are to be understood in £ (British Pound Sterling) ex works Nuneaton, excl. of packing, transport insurance, and freight; sales within Great Britain and Ireland are also subject to V.A.T at the prevailing rate.
- Minimum order value is determined at £10.00.
- The price to be paid by the Customer shall be the sum(s) shown on the Company's invoice(s). This price shall be based on the sum quoted to the Customer in the Company's price list or on the website itself, but the Company reserves the right to amend those prices at any time in its absolute discretion and to correct clerical errors or omissions.
- The prices quoted in the Company's price list are in Pounds Sterling. Due to fluctuations in currency exchange rates the Company reserves the right to alter prices charged to customers in the Republic of Ireland. Unless otherwise specifically stated, all prices quoted by the Company are exclusive of Value Added Tax, which shall be due at the rate in force on the date of the Company's invoice to the Customer.
- Delivery charges to mainland UK address for all orders under £100+VAT will incur a £3.00 delivery charge and be shipped via Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. All orders over £100+VAT will incur a £6.50 delivery charge and ship via our preferred courier service.
- Payment of the invoice amount can be made by credit or debit card only; full payment must be made at the time of the order.
- Where goods are delivered in instalments, the Company may invoice each instalment separately and the Customer shall pay such invoices in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Customer is in default in paying any sum as and when it becomes due, the Company shall have the right to suspend all further deliveries until the default is made good and/or to cancel the contract so far as any goods remain to be delivered there under. Additionally, payment for all goods supplied to the Customer shall become immediately due and owing, whether previously invoiced or not.
- The Customer shall not be entitled to exercise rights of compensation, set-off or retention against the Company’s claims.
- Should the Customer fail to comply with the terms of payment, or should circumstances arise which cast serious doubts on the Customers creditworthiness, all sums due to the Company shall become payable immediately.
- All discounts are applied before VAT
- Only recipients of promotional offers are eligible for discounts. Government funded institutions are not eligible for certain promotions.
- Title and Risk
- The transfer of risk of damage to the goods shall take place at the moment the goods are despatched to the Customer.
- Title in the goods or any part thereof shall only pass to the Customer when payment in full for all goods whatsoever supplied and all services rendered at any time by the Company has been made.
- The Customer shall permit so far as it is able and shall use its best endeavours to assist any officer, employee, representative or agent of the Company to enter onto any premises where the goods may from time to time be situate and to repossess the goods at any time prior to title passing to the Customer and until such time as title passes the Customer shall hold the goods as the Company's fiduciary agent and bailee.
- A-dec warrants all products on this website against defects in material or workmanship for a period of one year from time of delivery. The Company's sole responsibility under the warranty is to provide parts for the repair, or at its option, to provide replacement product (excluding labour). The buyer shall have no other remedy. All special, incidental, and coincidental damages are excluded.
- Written notice of claims under the warranty must be given to the Company within the warranty period. The warranty does not cover damage resulting from improper installation or maintenance, accident or misuse. The warranty does not cover damage resulting from the use of cleaning, disinfecting or sterilisation chemicals and processes.
- The Company reserve the right to change without prior notice construction, appearance or execution of its products according to the technical development or to remove products from the website. Particulars contained in catalogues, leaflets, advertisements or demonstration objects are not binding; this shall also apply to reproductions, drawings, dimensions and weights mentioned in or attached to quotations, if not otherwise stated.
- In case of justified claim, under consideration of quality and workmanship by the Company, replaced parts must be returned freight prepaid.
- Unauthorized repairs and improper treatment by the Customer shall relieve the Company from all warranty claims.
- No other warranties as to merchantability or otherwise are made.
- Restriction of Liability
- The Company shall not in any event be liable for indirect or consequential loss or damage, being loss or damage which does not directly and naturally flow from the supply or goods or materials, including without limitation loss of profits, of use, overhead costs, collateral damage or of contracts arising out of the supply or failure of supply of goods or services by the Company (other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Company) and whether arising from breach of contract, negligence or for any other liability howsoever arising, whether by statute or otherwise.
- In all other cases (being cases of direct and natural loss or damage) it is specifically provided and agreed that the compensation and damages payable under any claim or claims arising out of the contract between the parties under whatsoever pretext shall not under any circumstances amount in aggregate to more than the contracted price for the goods and/or services forming the subject of the claim or claims.
- No liability for such direct losses shall attach to the Company unless details of such losses are notified to the Company in writing within 7 days of the date of delivery of the goods, or the date of the event giving rise to such loss if it is not apparent upon the date of delivery. In cases of alleged shortages or breakages, claims must be notified to the Company within 7 days of despatch of the goods by the Company. Alleged non-delivery of goods must be notified in writing to the Company within 7 days of receipt of either the invoice for the goods or a statement of account, whichever is the sooner.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this agreement shall confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any term of this agreement.
- Applicable Law
These Terms and Conditions and the rights and obligations of the parties to the contract shall be governed, interpreted and construed solely in accordance with the Laws of England and Wales.
The place of fulfilment for both parties to the contract shall be Nuneaton Warwickshire CV11 6RZ, United Kingdom.
Court jurisdiction for both parties shall be England and Wales. The Company reserve, however, the right to institute proceedings against the Customer at the competent court of purchaser’s domicile or otherwise if necessary.
- Policy Revision History
These terms and conditions were first published August 23rd 2010